Well I finally did it. Last week while I was on vacation I was on a sewing craze. Not only did I finish my daughter's 2" block, but I finished the quilt that I was working on as well. I was so anxious to get it completed I could hardly put it down....I had to move my sewing machine as my work space is very cramped! I didn't want it to take forever getting it completed.
This is my daughter's block...I put a tab on the back in the event that she wants to hang it. It looks too big to me, but oh well...it's there if she wants to use it. And in case you can't tell...she loves GREEN!!
I don't have a nice fence or deck that I can take pictures on, but today was such a nice day that I went outside and took some pictures and with the cooperation of the wind I was able to get some nice ones. Please enjoy...I know I do.
I decided to call this one 'All Squared Up' since there are so many squares in the quilt. There are 16 blocks, and in each block there are 64 - 2" squares. That's a total of 1024 of the 2" squares! Let me just say that there was a lot of chain piecing going on in this one! Without it I don't think I would have made it through!
If you have been following my blog at all you will notice the stripes that are across the back of the quilt are from my daughter's quilt. Once I had the top of this one completed I decided that this one would be for me. A little greedy....yes, but I have made and given away 5, and am in the process of making 2 more so I wanted to keep one for myself before I finish the others.
Which leads me into the next quilts that I'm working on. My final sibling has 2 daughters. The oldest one likes pink, purple, blue, green, and black. I wasn't sure how I was going to make that happen. But then I came across one of the quilt patterns from www.quiltsforkids.org and adapted that into one for her. BUT...I'm not very good at following directions and I made the blocks with 5 strips instead of 4. So my quilt turned out smaller than planned. I was trying to find more of the same 10 fabrics that I used but wasn't able to get all of them. So I did the next best thing...I found 10 more fabrics in all the same color lines! Woo hoo!! So I added 2 columns and 2 rows to come up with the following.
This is a close up of the 20 different fabrics that were used. I am loving how it turned out!
I also worked on a quilt for her sister. She also likes blue, green, pink and purple. But I found the brown fabrics and thought it pulled them all together perfectly. I got this pattern from http://www.myquiltinfatuation.blogspot.com/.
I have used many of Kelly's patterns and want to thank her for helping to feed my inspirations! She has been a big help to me getting my blog off the ground. So I want to thank Kelly for all she has helped me with!
I do have another quilt that I am working on that I have actually designed myself....I can't believe it either. The only problem is I didn't calculate the amount of fabric correctly and I have to go purchase about 1.5 yards total of 5 fabrics. I just bought them a week ago so they should still carry them....but that one will be a secret until it has been completed and presented to the recipient....so stay tuned for that one.....it may be a while, but keep checking back, you never know when you may see it. The one little bit of a preview I will give you is a picture of the fabrics that I am using....
I can't wait until I'm able to finish this one and share it. I'm so excited!!