Monday, February 17, 2014

Another quilt for another niece....but a cousin to the previous 3 nieces!

In the gathering of favorite colors, my sister's daughter said:
Purple-urple!
 
So I took that and ran with it.
 

 
The pic isn't perfect, but you get the idea. Lots of PURPLE!
Here's a close up of the blocks. My absolute favorite is the one that looks like roses as the Purple Rose is my all time FAVE flower!
While I am a bit disappointed with it, I'm sure she will love it. I wasn't totally thinking when I made the blocks. I wanted to give them a little variety, and in my attempt to do so I didn't really think about it and they are all the same layout, just rotated slightly.
 
I'm sure she will love it, just a little disappointed in myself. We will see....
 
But before I finish this one I had to purchase the backing and binding for all 3 that I am working on. I hope to get working on those soon and be able to show finished quilts before summer is here!


2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Purple is my favorite color also, I love the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! With me being new to this I am not sure how they look...I will post pics when it's complete....more purple for the back and binding!

    ReplyDelete