Monday, June 2, 2014

so many 2" squares......

So I have a TON of 2" squares from when I used to make these cute little fabric bowls...which I loved to make, but haven't for a few years =(
 
 
And I was trying to figure out what to do with them....I asked around for ideas. And was given so many that I have a lot of ideas for what to do after what I have decided to begin with.
 
My daughter had some of the squares and wanted to do something with them but couldn't figure anything out. So I sat down and decided to try something. And this is what I came up with.
 

 
From there I just kept going....
 




 
Since I started I have made an additional 8 blocks....!
 
I originally thought I wanted to do 12 blocks, but I think it will end up being 16. And since I have 4 holiday blocks made I was going to put them in the 4 corners and build from there. Problem is I need to go out and purchase more fabric as my squares that I have not used from my stash are not appealing to me for this project. But I'm eager and excited to get more fabric and make the last 4 blocks!!
 
Here they are so far...
 
 



 I can't wait to be able to purchase more fabric to put them together and make the quilt. They are all about 12.5" square give or take a little.
 
I know it's not an original pattern or design, but I'm so proud of myself for not having a pattern that I'm following. This is all coming from my head.
 
And I absolutely love to chain piece! I was able to chain piece about 6 of them before sewing the rows together to make the blocks. I did have a couple places where I stitched them together wrong, but was able to fix them quickly!
 
I'm thinking about putting white sashing between them to break them up a bit and to add some brightness to the quilt. I might even add a white border....but then the next problem is the backing and the binding....but I will tackle that problem once I have all the blocks together!
 
~Happy quilting!~

 


No comments:

Post a Comment