Thursday, December 4, 2014

Gray and Green update!

I know it has been some time since I have posted. I have been busy with school, work, parenting and trying to get this quilt finished before Christmas. I am 100% finished with the blocks! Finished with the backer, and even have the binding ready to go!

I now have the quilt COMPLETE!!! I just need to take it to a Laundromat that has the oversize machines as it will NOT fit in mine!

I know I haven't provided much information on the quilt thus far, and this won't provide a whole lot more until it has been given to the recipient. But hopefully you will understand once you are able to see the completed project. It is a very special project for a very special person and I don't want to risk the off chance that she may come across it somewhere before I am able to give it to her on Christmas Eve.

Pictures to come......

I really want to give it to her now.....but I know that waiting and giving it to her the night I planned with all our family there will be even better!

First thing I will give her is a box of tissues. And unfortunately all 3 boxes that I purchased to put this in are too small! I am going to have to put it in a gift bag. BUT...I'm folding the quilt up so that she will see the label first. I did this a little different than most quilts I have seen as I wanted it to be truly unique. I put the label in the center of the backer! And I absolutely love how it turned out. I used extra fabric from the front to provide a background for the label, and the border is scraps from all 3 of her daughter's quilts!
Oh I can't wait!!!!

~Happy quilting everyone!~














No comments:

Post a Comment