Thursday, April 24, 2014

Feeling some kind of way....

So I have been without a working sewing machine for about 2 weeks now and am getting increasingly frustrated. Almost to the point that I want to go out and buy one. The one that I have is an old, borrowed singer from a family friend. I need to at some point get it fixed, but I noticed that when I am finishing my binding that is when it messes up the most. I am thinking it is too thick for that machine. And I feel like if I keep using it even after I get it fixed it will continue to crash and cause problems.

That's how I feel right about now because I really don't have the money to buy a new machine or have hers fixed, but I know I really need to do both.

I know all of you out there in webland can't really help, just felt like I needed to get my dilemma out there. Get it off my chest and see what I can do about it.

IF I do get a new machine I was looking at a Brother SQ9185. There are several reviews, mostly good and a few bad. But we all know that when machines make things not all 100% of the items are in good working condition. Look at all the recalls that are placed on different items. Most notably cars and kids toys. So I would expect to see negative reviews on products.

I saw another one that I REALLY like, but sadly I can't afford another car payment. A Bernina 780. I saw a YouTube video on how to pick your new sewing machine and they were using this one. I happened to like it until I looked up the cost....$10,999....I can barely afford one for $200 I know I can't afford that!

So my dilemma continues....as I search for an inexpensive but good repair shop for my borrowed singer.....

~~Happy Quilting~~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment